Drop tile ceilings have been around for a while. Even though some people might think that they look a little outdated in contemporary structures, they are still a standard ceiling fixture in commercial buildings.
Drop ceiling tiles may not receive much attention. Still, they risk staining, discolouration, and dust buildup, mainly if your building permits you to open the windows in the spring when there is a lot of external pollen.
Many office managers and business property owners try to handle things like this on their own. However, when confronted with excessive dust and sloppy reinstallation, many people discover that they must concede defeat right away.
This article will teach you how to clean your office tiles using the proper techniques. But before that, you must have the right tools for the task.
The Best Tools for Cleaning Ceiling Tiles
To clean something properly, you must use the proper tools. This holds true for any effective cleaning method, and drop ceiling tiles are no exception.
To effectively clean drop ceiling tiles, you’ll mostly need these supplies.
- Safety gear: You’ll need a dust mask and a pair of safety glasses.
- Vacuum with Soft Brush: Although this will make cleaning dust much simpler, there are other options you can try.
- A High-Quality Duster: This can be a good vacuum substitute. You must ensure it is of sufficient quality, though, so that it won’t catch on your ceiling tiles.
- Ladder: Getting up to your ceiling tiles will probably need to use a ladder.
- Lint-free cloth: This is for wiping the tiles.
- Cleaning solution: Cleaning drop ceiling tiles doesn’t require using harsh chemicals; only detergent will do.
- Dust Sheet – This will aid in keeping any spilt dust contained.
- Bucket and Sponge.
How to Clean Ceiling Tiles
When you have all the necessary tools ready, you can begin cleaning the drop ceiling tiles. It is beneficial to take a logical approach and work in parts to shift the drop cloth from one area to the next to collect any dust or other loose objects. This will allow you to shift the drop cloth from one section to the next.
Here are 9 steps for cleaning drop ceiling tiles
- Cover any spills with drop cloths to avoid having to clean your floors immediately after cleaning your ceiling tiles.
- Put on your safety equipment.
- Place the step ladder in a location that will allow you to access the most drop tiles at once
- Thoroughly dust the ceiling with a HEPA filter vacuum and a soft brush or duster. The objective here is to eliminate any loose dirt or dust that could come loose and land on the ceiling tiles.
- Wipe each drop tile gently with a lint-free cloth or microfiber cloth. You may need to dampen the cloth before gently wiping the ceiling tiles. This should get rid of any light dirt or dust.
- Make a cleaning solution with warm water and liquid detergent. Next, pour it into a bucket so that it is accessible.
- Use a damp cloth or sponge to gently wipe and clean the tiles using the solution. After that, use them to clean each tile in the same front-to-back or side-to-side order.
- After washing each tile, thoroughly rinse the cloth to avoid cross-contamination with dust and dirt. Then, reapply the cleaning agent.
- After each cleaning, lightly rinse each drop tile with a clean, wet cloth or paper towel. Here, getting rid of any remaining cleaning solution is the objective.
How Often Should You Clean Your Office Tile Ceiling?
You should perform this drop tile cleaning procedure again every few months or maybe once a year. However, it can be done sooner if your ceiling tiles start to appear unclean.
Cleaning your tiles will help keep them in good condition, extending their lifespan and decreasing the need to replace them.
Drop ceiling tiles will have less dust between cleanings when you clean them more frequently.
It may take longer to do this type of specialized cleaning, which may require numerous trips up and down ladders. Because of this, a lot of people choose to hire a cleaning service.
Call the Professionals to Clean Your Office Tiles
Cleaning drop ceiling tiles can be time-consuming. Many commercial property owners and managers have much more important things to do than spend their evenings and weekends cleaning office ceilings.
In such situations, you can always rely on the highly skilled and experienced cleaning personnel at Helping Hands Commercial Cleaning.
Our Office cleaning services at Oak Park, IL, have all the tools, knowledge, and techniques to make the drop tiles on your ceiling sparkling clean.
Call us at (630) 530-8121 to learn about our commercial and residential cleaning services. You can also request a free quote by clicking here!